Push notification conversion rate is about 2-5% according to RichPush.com statistics. Pretty good, huh? Let’s see what is push notification advertising is, how to set it up and how can your business benefit from it.
Advantages of web push notifications
- One-click free will subscription.
- Anonymity. User don’t need to disclose any personal info — telephone number, email or anything of the kind. Each user gets his own token, that can’t be copied, passed or used by any 3rd party.
- Subscription and delivery are performed by web-browsers and Android apps. That obviously provides more user trust.
- If you collect users by yourself, you get a base of relevant users, who are interested in your product and you can reach them even better.
- Messages are sent instantly and will be delivered anyway, even if user doesn’t have your website open or even is not using computer or smartphone right now. He will just see them a bit later.
- Format itself is extremely native. Message appears in right corner of PC desktop or in smartphone feed amongst other push notifications from messengers and apps.
- Message is displayed over any other piece of content, so you are very unlikely to miss it. Almost 100% users see your message even if they don’t click it.
- Push notification advertising is a low-cost type of advertising in comparison to sms, paid emails or contextual advertising. For example RichPush.com announces $0.01 per click as a recommended bid for 80% of available countries. You can reach more than 300 000 people and get more that 20 000 clicks for as low as $250.
What should you use push notifications for
Push format is perfect for almost any business. Especially good results pushes show for content websites and mass-market products: online-cinemas, casinos, dating websites, games, apps, media, blogs, online-stores, booking services, realty, food delivery, etc.
Communication strategy may vary. Everything depends on your aims and abilities. For example:
Abandoned landing page — visitor surfed through your website and left. You can send him a special offer, discount or free delivery.
Abandoned cart — visitor put some goods to cart, didn’t pay and left. Here you can create a feeling of product shortage, to stimulate user for purchase. Personal promocode, making benefits obvious or even regular reminder may work.
Retention — let user know about new goods, new features, new articles, videos or other pieces of content, bonuses or special events.
Sales — remind user about having item he was interested in stock. Show him that people are buying this item and that you can run out.
Info — share useful information, news, live-videos, webinars, maintenance or other events.
Transactions — notify about order status, delivery, payments, etc.
New readers — acquire new audience by sending intriguing push notifications through ad networks.
Direct sales — sell mass-market product by sending push notifications with geo-targeting.
Downloads and installs — acquire new users for Android-apps by sending push notification advertising to Android-smartphone with appropriate Android version only.
Is anyone using push notification advertising right now?
Of course! Thousands of advertisers are getting hundreds of thousands of conversions every day from push notification advertising. Push traffic is especially popular amongst affiliate marketers because of its high conversion rate:
How to create high-converting push notifications
Setting up push notification campaign is pretty easy. Especially if you are using push notification ad platform such as RichPush.
To begin with you should sign up, make first deposit, upload a banner, create cool title and description, set targeting and limit your budget (that’s extremely important not to spend all your money in a couple of minutes).
Main question is what to show your to your potential clients not to look like a spamer. People can block your notifications if you don’t consider that. So here are a couple of pieces of advice to make successful push campaigns.
Show value and benefits
Push notifications are very brief. Don’t try to put a lot of text there, go straight to the point: show what user will get and why that is awesome. But do you best not to use spammy headings.
Segment your users
Determine who your clients are, split them into groups by some similarities. For example by countries, cities, language, devices, operational systems, etc. That will help you to send more relevant offers.
Send only up to date notifications
Let your subscribers know only up to date information. News, special offers, discounts, events — everything must be legit right now.
Choose right frequency and time
Best time to send push notificaions — your website activity peak. Check your Google Analytics and email marketing tool to see that sweet spot and to find out when people visit your website the most.
Experiment with creatives
Standard push notification looks like: website logo, title (up to 30 symbols), text (up to 45) and link to your landing page.
That format will perfectly work for your needs. But if you want to get even more attention, try push notifications with big banner. Rich Push they call it. Big banner is not shown on smartphone by default though.
Always track your push notification advertisings effectiveness and enhance your strategy. Add UTMs to every link and analyze amount of clicks and conversion rate, find best time to deliver, people reaction, different browser click rate, etc.
It’s good to set events in Google Analytics. But you can also see a lot of statistics in push notification services. For example in RichPush.com there are reports about amounts of clicks, conversions and costs of each action.
Summing up! Push notifications — simple and effectieve ad channel and another way to communicate with your clients. It can become a good alternative for native ads, email marketing or sms marketing if used wisely.
Want to try push advertising now? Launch push ads!
- RichPush webinar: How to Run a Successful Push Campaign - August 28, 2019
- RICHPUSH INSIGHTS DASHBOARD IS AVAILABLE NOW! - August 14, 2019
- Automated Rules: RichPush new feature - August 8, 2019
Also published on Medium.