The effectiveness of push notifications depends directly on the geo and the time of the blast.
We learn how to send out push notifications correctly – we will select the best time to blast traffic to all verticals and compare the time of sending with the geo.
The reason timing is important
If you plan the time of the blast effectively, the number of conversions will increase.
Planning push notifications in terms of the timing:
- maximizes the response – the user has time to review the message;
- increases the loyalty of the audience – the notification is not annoying, because it does not arrive at a random moment;
- minimizes replies – the push notifications seem unobtrusive because they do not distract the recipient from important matters.
When to blast
Usage of smartphones peaks from 12:00 to 18:00. At the same time, statistics shows that:
- in the morning, before 12:00, users react to push notifications with product info;
- after lunch, from 13:00 to 15:00, the number of clicks for entertainment-related push notifications goes up;
- evening is the time for meeting new people and recreation, therefore dating push notifications get the maximum number of clicks
Conclusion: the time to send out the push notifications should be synchronized with the daily routine of the target audience.
Based on the general statistics, the optimal time for each type of the offer may be determined:
- games— from 14:00 to 16:00;
- software and services— from 11:00 to 16:00;
- utilites — from 15:00 to 20:00;
- travel — from 12:00 to 18:00;
- dating, adult — from 18:00 to 23:00;
- e-commerce — on work days, in the morning from 9 to 11, and in the evening from 16:00 to 19:00;
- gambling — from 18:00 to 00:00;
- business and Forex — from 10:00 to 15:00.
When to target each geo
Regardless of the country, it’s best to send out traffic before 12 pm. It’s the time when users’ activity and loyalty peak.
During detailed planning, it is important to take into account the daily routine of the country’s population. Push notifications should not arrive during lunch, siesta or namaz. If they do, users will ignore them or unsubscribe from the newsletter.
- The first half of the week is good for sending out news, content updates, interesting facts.
- The second half of the week is the time when clicks related to entertainment, tourism and recreation increase.
- On the weekends, keep blasts to a minimum.
Learn about the country you are blasting to
Desktop of mobile
Find out on which devices the population uses for surfing. This affects the conversion rate and the time of loading the traffic.
If the ad looks new to the country, the number of leads will be high regardless of the time of the blast.
Population size and wealth
This minor parameter significantly affects ROI. For example, Luxembourg is a sparsely populated city with a high-income level, so the return on the blasted traffic is high. All you have to do for the blast is to adjust based on the time difference.
The flexible settings of targeting in push notifications ad network help to plan the blast in details and make adjustments based on the user’s schedule.
With experience, the arbitrager begins to understand better the daily routine of the target audience of each vertical.
- RichPush webinar: How to Run a Successful Push Campaign - August 28, 2019
- RICHPUSH INSIGHTS DASHBOARD IS AVAILABLE NOW! - August 14, 2019
- Automated Rules: RichPush new feature - August 8, 2019